5/29/08

Prom...

On the way home from a very cool photoshoot tonight, my little brother called. Assuming I was in the middle of the bedtime/bath/kid rodeo he said, "Do you have time for a quick question?". Because my darling husband was home doing the rodeo for me, I said I had time for a long question. He asked (thinking he was being funny...) "What's the meaning of life?" I told him.

I was asked by our dear friends Kay and Bill to come and take pictures of their son J and his friends before prom. J is a senior at Franklin High School in Livonia, Michigan and tonight was the big night... Prom! J is part of the "FTP" Franklin Transition Program at Franklin High and this is a special education program. They were having about 20 kids meet at the home of one of the seniors to do pictures and take a limo to prom. Being a special education teacher--- I of course said "Heck yeah!" when Kay asked. I'm pretty sure that I had way more fun--- how lucky was I--- to get to take pictures of great kids- unbridled joy- excitement- pure fun. These are a bit more posed than what I normally do-- but how cute are these guys! I just can't stand it. _WMP7211-Edit _WMP7226-Edit _WMP7088-Edit _WMP7256-Edit

_WMP7358-Edit

_WMP7399-Edit

_WMP7447-Edit

_WMP7600-Edit

Um... love her!! What a honey!

_WMP7630-Edit

So to answer your question Little Brother... the meaning of life for today, is to take the time... to watch the smiles, catch the energy, see the positive in it all and to dance your heart out...

wendysignature

5 comments:

Michael Warden said...

How great!! I love the attitude in the all guys pic, and everyone just looks like they are loving life! Great job Wen.

mkdub said...

Wow, what fun! I love the attitude and they all look great! Love it!!
Min

Anonymous said...

I love them! What a great time you must have had. The gal in pink and black is a knockout - she looks like a model in that pic. She's gonna love it.

Nine Months And Forever said...

LOVE IT!!!
My heart is smiling right now :)
xoxo,
Amy Garcia

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

We are former teachers of most of these students and are so impressed with how wonderful the kids look. It is such a charge to see them so grown up. You are absolutely right. The joy that the students are radiating is so contagious. Thank you for sharing these photos on your Blog.
Kris Rose-Smith, Beth Santer and Jeana Penski